Maybe you have a favorite place, a field, a mountaintop, a stream or a park. We have some favorites too that we can share with you. They include lakes, parks, rocky places, streams, industrial sites and downtown. You can see some examples in the photographs shown here.
We use a number of different techniques to achieve beautiful light even on cloudy days. Working with young people is fun. You can bring your parents or a friend – or not. Whatever makes you the most comfortable will work. Photo shoots are a lot of fun so plan to enjoy the experience as well as the final product.
Karcher1 Photography Senior Photo Preparation Checklist
● Wear clothes that make you feel comfortable and that accent your hair and complexion.
● Bring a variety of outfits – both causal and formal.
● Coordinate your outfit from head to toe.
● Solid colors are best but some prints or patterns are okay.
● Keep the tonal range of clothing in the same group avoiding stark contrasts.
● Bring coordinating shoes, socks and a belt for each outfit.
● Be sure the clothes you select fit properly.
● Bring all clothes on hangers. Be sure clothes are not wrinkled.
● Undergarments may show through your clothing so try them out beforehand.
● Wear your hair in your normal style.
● Do not experiment with a new right before your portrait session.
● If you want to get a haircut, schedule it one week before your portrait session.
● Bring your hair care/styling products.
● Minor blemishes and scars will be removed by retouching.
● Avoid sunburn and tan lines.
● Girls keep make-up simple and natural.
● Avoid flashy makeup and sparkles. You can bring your makeup to the session.
● Your nails will show in some portraits. If you wear nail polish make sure it’s not chipped.
● Keep jewelry simple and to a minimum.
● Bring appropriate jewelry for each outfit.
● Props can be fun. You can bring props that are a part of your life and personality.
● Musical Instrument
● Leather Jacket
● Letter Jacket
● Sports Uniform/Jersey
● Pets – Dogs, Cats, Horses
● Sports Equipment (tennis racquet, bat, football, etc.)